Due to COVID-19, FTWG cancelled its 2020 Conference one week before it was scheduled to start. As a result, this workshop was not taught in 2020.
Wedge Weave Fundamentals
- Must be able to w
- 2.5 DaysFriday: 9 am to 12 pm, 1:30 pm to 4:30 pmSaturday: 9 am to 12 pm, 1:30 pm to 4:30 pmSunday: 9 am to 12 pm
In contrast to most weaves which are woven on a plane horizontal to the loom, wedge weave is woven on the diagonal. This results in a weft-faced weaving with many distinctive characteristics and exciting design potential. You will work on your own prewarped loom to explore wedge weave through hands on experience as well as with detailed handouts and images.
Registration Fee $Registration fee of $260 for FTWG members and $295 for all others.
Materials Fee $6
Materials Fee includes: Materials fee of $6 for handouts, chipboard loom materi
Students to Bring
- A table, floor, or tapestry loom warped in plain weave at 6 EPI with 8/4 linen at 594 yards / pound* (other warp yarn of similar weight may be substituted)
- A few extra yards of warp yarn
- Warp should be 12 inches wide and approximately one yard long
- Approximately one pound wool weft in several colors but one weight, ranging from 260 to 350 yards / pound
- Six 1/8" dowels several inches longer than the width of your warp, if using a table or floor loom
- Heavy beating fork
- Flat shuttles six to ten inches long
- Scissors (for both fiber and paper)
- Tapestry needle
Connie’s work has been exhibited in 30 states. She has received several artist grants from the South Carolina Arts Commission. Her work is represented in museum, corporate, academic, and private collections, and has been widely published. Her tapestries are represented in several new books including Tapestry Design Basics and Beyond by Tommye Scanlin, The Art is the Cloth by Micala Sidore, and in The Art of Tapestry Weaving by Rebecca Mezoff, as well as in Connie Lippert: A Wedge Weaver’s Storied Cloth by Carole Greene.
Connie has taught wedge weave workshops and given seminars in California, New York, Michigan, Colorado, New Mexico, Georgia, Florida, New Jersey, South Carolina, North Carolina, Massachusetts, and Wisconsin.
Connie is represented by Blue Spiral 1 in Asheville, North Carolina.