Due to COVID-19, FTWG cancelled its 2020 Conference one week before it was scheduled to start. As a result, this workshop was not taught in 2020.
The Whole Shebang: Dye, Card, Spin, and Weave with Kelly Agrue
- Must be able to spin a basic singles yarn.
- 2.5 Days Friday: 9 am to 12 pm, 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm Saturday: 9 am to 12 pm, 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm Sunday: 9 am to 12 pm
In this class you will learn to dye roving and wool locks that you will eventually spin into beautiful art yarns. We will start our experience dyeing with acid dyes. We will then move on to carding the dyed roving and other fibers into fluffy, textured art batts. Then you will learn to core spin those batts into fabulous art yarn. Finally, we will weave a one-of-a-kind scarflet using the cut strand method on a tri-loom.
Registration Fee $Registration fee of $260 for FTWG members and $295 for all others.
Materials Fee $65
Materials Fee includes: Materials fee of $65 for all dyes, fibers, use of tri-loom and drum carders during class.
Students to Bring
- A water proof apron, gloves, mask, and safety glasses for dye day
- Spinning wheel with at least three bobbins
- A niddy noddy
- Any extra fibers you might want to spin
- Any other yarn you want to incorporate into your weaving
Kelly is a teacher from Dade City, Florida. While her process-oriented left brain gets a workout with her students, she is happiest when she is able to unleash her artistic right brain! Kelly has many creative opportunities on the farm where she lives with her family and a plethora of furry friends: alpacas, sheep, llamas, angora goats, and a fluffy giant angora rabbit. She has been felting, dyeing, spinning, and weaving for a number of years.
These pictures offer examples of the workshop content or experience.